Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bike Cycle

I created my mobile using wire hangars to form the spinning apparatus and wire sculpted bicyles to hang as the subjects. I ran into a lot of structural problems along the way, but the main one was in figuring out how to create three freely spinning layers from a centrally located axis. I finally realized that each layer would have to be separated by some kind of link in order to house the consecutive spinner below it. This was by far the most challenging project for me, but I loved figuring out the kinetic aspects of it and creating something that can actually move.

No comments:

Post a Comment