Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pharaoh

For the wire project, I had in mind a Pharaoh which is what the Egyptians wore on their head. I will start by measuring my head and making the ring around to measure the size of my head. From there on I will make the outline of the design and hold each vertical piece of wire with a horizontal wire to give it the proper design. I think I will use tissue paper a bright yellow or gold and cover it with blue stripes to give it that Egyptian feel to it. However I might modernize it to show how society can take old fashion and update it. Maybe they will be back in fashion one day again.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the idea of keeping it modern. It makes it different from what the Egyptians have already done. Does it go around the back of your head or the front? I think it would be great if you were able to open it, and completely enclose your face. And if you do that, definitely don't use tissue paper; leave the wire bare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could use tissue paper, but only on certain squares. It would look pixellated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about adding some kind of symbol at the front? Perhaps something significant to yourself?

    ReplyDelete