Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hair Metal


Sorry for the poor photograph. I wish I could see everyone's pieces today, but my daughter is home sick!

When I was designing this piece, I really wanted to emphasize the importance that sites can have on particular pieces. In this case, my piece would absolutely be incomplete without resting on my head, as my hair needs to wrap around and through the wire. Hair Metal also serves as documenting a particular moment in time. Every time I take it out of my hair and re-wrap it, the finished outcome can never be repeated exactly. It also is unique to my head and my hair length at any particular time.

We live in a time where it is extremely easy to change your hair style and color, even on a day to day basis, which not only shapes our wardrobes, but the opinions that people have about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment